Globelink West Star Shipping can shoulder your challenges of shipping to or from the Arabian Gulf. We have international experts in place who know the culture, speak the language and can get things done thousands of miles from your desk.
Partner with a one of the oldest and largest
shipping companies in Dubai.
We are widely recognized as the premiere freight forwarding partner for shipping to and from the UAE and the entire Middle East Region. Founded in 1989, our mission has always been to build strong customer relationships based on trust and a commitment to great service.
Headquartered in Dubai, GLWS has offices in the UAE (Dubai, Abu Dhabi, Sharjah), Kuwait, Qatar and Saudi Arabia, with 700+ associates ready to help you. In addition, we are part of CWT Globelink, the leading Non-Vessel Operating Common Carrier (NVOCC) operating across Asia, with more than 100 offices in 28 countries around the world.
Gain a more personal brand of service.
At GLWS, we are big enough to serve you, but small enough to know you.
Larger freight forwarders may have more offices globally, but they simply cannot match our knowledge of Middle East shipping and our freight buying power in the region. In addition, decision processes at the mega-forwarders can be lengthy due to a multi-layered bureaucracy.
With GL West Star, decisions are quick and senior management is one phone call away.
Work with Experts.
Unlike most freight forwarders, our logistics staff is organized by service. So ocean export work is done by ocean export specialists, not generalists who bounce from service to service and never develop the close carrier relationships and specialised knowledge required.
Work with a Proven Partner.
It’s rewarding when our hard work receives recognition by carrier partners, customers, and the industry.
Here are just some of the recognitions we have received, as well as our professional affiliations.
Shipping and Air Lines
- Maersk Platinum Customer Award 10+ years in a row
- Safmarine Platinum Customer Award 6 consecutive years
- CMA CGM Top Customer Award 4+ years in a row
- China Shipping Top Customer Award 3 years in row
- Dubai Customs Top Broker Award in 2015
- Dubai Customs E-Services Excellence Award 2 years in a row
- Emirates Top Cargo Agent Award for 10 consecutive years
- 2015 Top 50 Logistics Company in the Middle East, as ranked by Logistics News Magazine
- National Association of Freight & Logistics (NAFL)
- TT Club
- Dubai Shipping Agents Association (DSAA)
Gain the technology you need to stay in control.
Globelink West Star Shipping’s customers stay connected to their cargo through our online logistics portal. With real-time tracking online, our customers maintain complete visibility to their freight, from pick-up through delivery.
- End-to-end shipment visibility via our online portal
- Modern EDI technology eliminates manual data entry and errors, while enabling the flow of shipment data and information.
- Online access to key documents (invoices, BOLs, etc)
- Online access to performance reports
We continue to make investments in technology to meet the demands of our customers.
Partner with a socially responsible company
Given the significant impact of freight transportation on corporate carbon emissions, we work hard to develop the most sustainable freight strategies – for GLWS and for our customers.
Also, we share a portion of our profits with charitable organizations and communities. For example, we sponsor more than 20 schools in India in association with EKAL Vidyalaya Foundation. These donations make education possible for rural and tribal children there.